2010-10-12

Plain lovely

I usually jump into every blog on my blogroll almost daily, but last Sunday I had so many things in mind I missed my tour. So I just saw this beautiful award at Jane's Journal! She deserves it dearly - if you're not familiar with her blog yet, please jump in and visit! She not only creates the most beautiful jewelry but also shares brilliant stories and beautiful pictures. And yes, she also send me the award. Thank you, dear friend!



I am quite stunned not only because of the award but also that I just realized that I actually have made friends by blogging and having my little shop. I know the official definition for friendship might involve some face to face meetings, yes, but I think that has changed over the years.

I have changed, too. I love meeting my friends for coffee or some shopping, but I also love meeting my friends online. Reading their stories and seeing their pictures makes me happy, and that just is what I think friendship is all about. Making others happy. Sometimes it may be babysitting someones daughter or sewing new curtains or just being there when life gets rough. And sometimes it's just making someone happy by showing them little handmade stuff or a cute cat. Enough said - this award is for all of you my online friends. I love you all!

Lovely day!

10 comments:

verykerryberry said...

Mia congrats and well deserved. You express many of my own thoughts and experiences of blogging and online friendship- i had no idea that friendship could work online but it does and I greatly value my blogging friendships. By the way, I am still loving the foxy bag in your shop!

Jane said...

Ahh dear Mia, thanks so much for those lovely words on your blog. As I said in my posting the one person I dedicate this award to is you, you so deserve it...for inspiring me to start my blogging journey. Your blog is just so delightful.
I agree how the term friendship has changed in this era of the www. I too really value the interaction we have here and truely class you as my friend :0)
Have a great day, hope you are feeling better? Get those needled fired up!

Love Jane x

Anonymous said...

Friends are friends no matter where in the world they are. I agree - Jane's blog is truly lovely and I visit regularly from your blogroll.
Take care and have a lovely day Mia. P xx

Anonymous said...

A truely well deserved award Mia!!
It's true what you say about making friendships in a different way now. Since starting blogging I have 'met' so many lovely people who I now consider as friends especially you Mia!!
Hope things are improving at home!
Have a lovely day. :)
Vivienne x

Mia said...

Thank you, Kerry!

I hadn't idea either but it really works that way - maybe it's that people with similar interests share their thoughts and ideas makes it so easy?

Thanks also for foxybag-love :)

Happy Tuesday!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Thank YOU, Jane! I meant every word! We're really getting better here, cold is a bit better too and the one with bad knee went his way to work already (I know, I know , men!) so I am back to work and my Spanish lessons too tonight!

Happy day!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hi Pam,

my thoughts absolutely! I love "meeting my friends" sometimes without leaving my house, and I can do that from my own sofa on my pj's if feeling so ;) Great!

Lovely day to you too!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Thank you, Viv!

I think I have made some real friends too, and met some, that I most definitely would not have met otherwise, we live so far away from each other! This all is so great!

We're getting better here and I have more time for knitting again and F.Torres I mean my Spanish tonight again ;)

Have a sunny day!

Yours,
Mia

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said Mia, I agree entirely, what a wonderful world of lovely people I've met since I started blogging, long may it last!

Mia said...

Thank you, Beth,

And you're one of those stars!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...