2010-07-21

Giving and sharing*

I love gifts. To get them is a bliss (and quite important to me still at my b-days and such *blush*) but giving them is the best.



It all starts with thinking what she (or he, but mostly she´s with my handmade gifts except my lovely nephew) would like to get. No, what she would love to get. Then checking my stash, do I have everything needed or do I need to shop some more?



Then to work - when you make something special for someone special it does really not feel like work at all. Knitting goes in a heartbeat, and it almost decorates itself. (We´ll not quite but you see what a difference it makes to almost see how happy you´re going to make someone with your handmades? It´s the reason I make them at all, really!)



Packaging is part of the deal too - needs to match and be pretty, and if possible: a handmade card to top. Oh how I would love to give all the gifts like this! In real world I also buy gift tokens, order books from net and even hand out cash. But when I find the time to make it all from the scratch, it goes someone really special, always.

I love you, Sis!



Now I only need to get rid of that silly feeling that I need to keep that white-flowered bag to maintain our matchy-matchy. It already is at my shop so I may need to make another for myself. And I just got myself a new winter coat too, maybe to match that, too? To be continued...

Happy day!

P.S. * Giving, sharing and receiving...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, she will love it!
Vivienne x

Mia said...

Thank you, Vivienne, she did indeed :)

Anne said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your sister!
I like the white bag and now the blue one is amazing, too.

Anne

Mia said...

Thank you, Anne, it´s wonderful to hear that you liked the bags! They´re this summers special bags as I am sure we will not have this wonderful weather for years...

Have a happy day!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...