2012-03-17

Summer (solstice)

Today is the summer solstice, and it's simply fantastic, how much more light we have these days! It's gives me energy, makes the mornings so much easier, and also: picture-taking is so much more fun.



That said it's been a pain with blogger for a few days: it didn't let me to load any pictures here, and posting without pictures is a no-no. Oh yes, it was my fault in a way, I didn't realize that blogger stores all the images I load here into a web-album attached to my email. That's fine, but I use my web albums to store some other pictures too, and it was getting rather crowded there. Worry no more, though, I did some spring cleaning yesterday, moved pictures around and now I have some space left there again.




Remember these? Inspired by those I have been making some more designing and voilĂ : the new birdie-bags were born. Of course the wheel wasn't invented again, but I rather like these! I have made something similar years ago, and had even drawn the pattern - it took just a little modification and the lunch bag is here.



They're spacious, and my pretty (reused) fabric stash gets in good use. And what I really like, is that the fabric gets seen more than in usual bags. And who couldn't use the extra space and extra pockets?




Colors I choose seems to get brighter and sunnier too, just perfect for the summer solstice don't you think?

Happy Tuesday!

Yours,
Mia

14 comments:

Fleur Cotton said...

Beautiful Bags .. You are very talented.

Fleur xx

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Now if I wasn't already convinced that spring was here I am now with all these lovely birdie images!!! :)
Beautiful bags Mia, I always love your little budgies, so cute!
It is nice too, to see all that lovely fabric!
Happy spring Mia, here's to longer days! :)
Vivienne x

Jane said...

Happy Spring dear Mia. Those bags are so cheerful, I am glad you managed to finally post your photos. Sending some sunshine over to you and a big kiss from Spring Billy ;0)
Jane x

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Mia! Your new bags are really beautiful! Great desing, sweet birds and looks very practical, too! I was trying to choose my favourite, but couldn't - they are so wonderful all together!
I'm cleaning my car wearing t-shirt - finally we have spring!
x Teje

Mia said...

Thank you so much Fleur, and happy and sunny week!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Vivienne,

Oh yes, we haven't had snow for a day or so ;) and I'm happy! Here's to spring!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hello Jane,

Thanks for the sunshine, it's been all over here today! And thank B for the kiss, that always makes my day!

Happy week!

Yours,
Mia

Mia said...

Hi Teje,

A t-shirt...Yippee! Not here quite yet, but soon! Have a wonderful day, enjoy the sun and sewing!

Yours,
Mia

ANNE said...

These are perfect for spring. I like them all!!

I am happy your weather is better, too.

Here's to better computers and more space for blogging.

Happy Wednesday and the rest of the week!!

Anne
PC22

Mia said...

Hello Anne,

I am so happy that you have a new machine that works, and also our sunshine makes me smile! Here's to spring and us :)

Happy Thursday!

Yours,
Mia

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Very beautiful, Mia, and I'm glad you are seeing more sun. Bethx

Mia said...

Thank you, Beth, so am I!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Yours,
Mia

Anonymous said...

The bags are so cute. Do they go into your etsy store soon? Helen

Mia said...

Hello Helen,

These were a special custom-order, and they've flown to their new home already!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Yours,
Mia

This time of the year...

Usually around this time, when children go back to school, and you can just about to smell the autumn, I start to dig deeper in my fabric...